Tuesday, June 4, 2024

An Elon Musk Joke

About a week ago, I came up with a little joke about Elon Musk.  To tell the joke, I’d need to slightly photoshop four images.  The problem, while I could easily find two of the images, I had a hard time finding appropriate ones for the other two.  I guess I don’t know how to search for anything now.  Years ago, I’d do an image search for fire and get a bunch of images of flames.  Now I search for fire, and I get images of … glasses of water.  Anyway, after spending twenty or so minutes not getting anywhere in my image searches, I thought the images could just be cartoons.  But my cartooning skills are way worse than my poor photoshopping skills.  So I could write this joke, but I couldn’t illustrate it.  Which brings us to this blog.  I will lay out the joke, and if anyone has the modicum of skill needed to illustrate it, go for it.

This joke has four panels, and is called, “What I imagine it is like working at Tesla.” The first panel show Elon on some stage saying, “And … ah … in six months, we’ll have … ah … flying cars.” The first version of the second panel had some frantic engineer screaming, “Will you shut the fuck up!” but I think a funnier version has a group of Tesla engineers in a conference room all with their heads in their hands and someone saying, “Will someone please take the microphone from him.” The third panel says “Ten years later” and shows a smoking, car-sized crater in the desert.  The fourth panel shows a deranged Elon saying, “Gimme $60 billion for my genius!”

No comments:

Post a Comment