Monday, July 10, 2023

Random Story – The Joke Off

This is just an odd little story from my life.

In high school, there was a group of six or seven of us who shared a table at lunch.  One day – I’m pretty sure it was a Monday – either I or my friend Jason told a joke.  And then the other told a joke in reply.  And pretty soon, we had started a joke off, to see who could tell the most jokes.  I believe it went on for five days during lunch, that’s why I think it started on Monday because I don’t think we went over a weekend. 

While we started strong, by the end we were scrapping the bottom of the barrel.  I think one joke I came up with was, “What do you get when you cross an orange and an orange?  An orange.” Between groans, the “judges” accepted that as a joke, but they allowed Jason to do a similar joke, I think his dealt with apples. 

After five days, everyone was tired of jokes, and I think we just declared it a draw.  I’m pretty sure I would remember if I won.


Right now, I probably only know a dozen or so jokes, so I can’t remember how I went five days telling jokes.  I almost wish someone had recorded what jokes were told.  Of course, the majority of them were most likely in poor taste, so it’s probably best no records were kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment