Monday, October 9, 2023

Random Story – The naked neighbor

This is just an odd little story from my life.

My first apartment was in this old building that had been split up into six or seven apartments.  The first floor on this building must have had ten-foot-high ceilings at least, because it was a very long staircase up to the second floor.  I spent way too long trying to describe the second floor set up, so I decided to just make this little diagram.

 


You go up the stairs, to a landing, where there’s a door to an apartment.  There’s another apartment, tucked back in a little nook of some sort.  To get to my apartment, I had to go down the hallway and up another set of stairs. 

Anyway, I believe I had just gotten back after going home for Christmas, so it was early afternoon and I was tired from driving for six hours.  I was trudging up the stairs carrying a bunch of stuff, when I hear a noise.  I look up, and I see the neighbor from Apartment 2.  Well, I see a hairy gut and a hairy leg.  Fortunately, the area in between was behind the corner of the nook.  But, I only saw him for a second, because he rushed back into his apartment.

I didn’t want to know, and tried to forget about it, but the next day he knocked on my door and through broken English said he was sorry and that he had been drunk.  We laughed, and I hoped that would be the end of it.

A couple months later, I think I was at a friend’s playing poker, and it was 3 in the morning when I finally got home.  I was walking up the stairs, when I heard a noise and looked up.  And that’s when I saw a hairy ass rush back in the apartment and slam the door.  After that, I kept telling myself, “If you’re going up the stairs and hear a noise, DO NOT LOOK UP.”


I don’t know if he was a nudist trapped in a clothed world, or if he just got naked when he got drunk.  I’m pretty sure those were the only three interactions I had with him.  For which I’m glad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment