Monday, July 17, 2017

Thoughts on the female Doctor



I’m okay with it.  And as long as they don’t overplay it, I’ll continue to be okay with it.  For example, if they’re smart, once she’s done regenerating she might touch her chest and say, “Well, that’s different,” but then shrug and go on with whatever the situation is.  And if she runs into anyone who says, “I thought you were a man,” and all she replies is, “People change.” If that’s all the attention they call to the fact, great.  As long as every episode isn’t “I am Woman, hear me roar,” as everyone bemoaning the death of Doctor Who assumes will happen, the show will continue. 

What will be interesting is if they do a story set in, say the 16th century, but instead of the people listening to what this Doctor has to say they just dismiss this odd woman.  So there is chance for social commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment