Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Introducing my 007 Movie Rewatch



I am a fan of the James Bond movies.  I remember in the early 90’s, various networks would have Bond marathons where they’d air all the Bond movies over a couple of days or a Bond movie every night for weeks.  That was how I first saw all the Bond movies.  And I would rewatch them whenever they were on because they were fun.  Yes there were cheesy plots, but there were also explosions and scantily clad women.  They were very interesting for a teenage boy.

But then I went to college and Pierce Brosnan started his run as Bond.  There were still cheesy plots and explosions and scantily clad women, but I think I was starting to outgrow the cheesy plot aspect of Bond.  The older Bonds I had only seen on TV, but now I was seeing them on the big screen, and having to pay for them.  I remained a Bond fan, but it was more nostalgic, if anything.

Then came the Daniel Craig Bond, which is more grounded with less cheese.  So for the last few years I’ve been wanting to get back into Bond because I probably haven’t seen some of the classic movies in twenty years, or more. 

So last summer I realized that if I rewatched one movie a week and reviewed it on Persona Paper, I would be writing up my thoughts on Skyfall about the time Spectre came out.  So that was my plan.  Unfortunately, things kept getting in the way, and there were some issues with On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, and I only managed to write up a few reviews.  With the New Year, I decided to finally finish out this post series.  I had just started it back up, when Persona Paper announced that they were closing.  So much like my Movie Mondayposts (which is a separate thing), I had all these posts already written, I just needed someplace to post them.  My plan is to go back and revise the reviews that were already up on Persona Paper, and then continue the series.  I’m not going to try to do a movie a week, but I hope to get to Spectre by the end of the year.  We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment