Thursday, January 19, 2023

Short story – “Going in a New Direction”

“Going in a New Direction”

Breaking News – January 6, 2038

Elon Musk reportedly dies onboard Mars-bound Starship. 

We here at Melete.com are still awaiting confirmation, but reputable sources have reported that the controversial businessman died earlier today in what was described as a “freak airlock accident.” Musk was onboard his flagship Maye leading a group of settlers to begin the colonization of Mars.  The ninety settlers – onboard six Starships – are two-thirds of the way to Mars. 

If confirmed, it is unsure how his death will affect the mission.  Just yesterday, in a cost cutting move, Musk had fired all the engineers on the mission….

***

First off, I’m not advocating any violence towards Elon Musk.  I hope he dies of natural causes, alone and bitter in whatever retirement home his kids stick him in.

The idea for this came when I saw someone’s post along the lines of Musk’s erratic management of Twitter is just the kind of “stable genius” leadership needed to colonize a new planet.  I wanted to reply that he’d probably fire all the engineers halfway to Mars, and this story was born.  I typed it up and was thinking of posting it, but then between “assassination coordinates” and Christmas, I figured I’d wait a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment