Saturday, May 30, 2020

A long awaited day

With the successful launch of SpaceX’s Demo-2 mission, we’ve finally gotten to a day I’ve long waited for.  Several years ago, I came up with a list of four things I was waiting for SpaceX to do.  I wrote a blog about them a couple of years ago when they achieved two of them.  And today, they’ve completed all four.  You can read about them in that blog if you want, but the basic point of my list wasn’t some grand stunt of flying to Mars which seems to be what most SpaceX fans talk about.  These were simple, basic steps needed to get my dream of making humanity a spacefaring civilization a reality. 

Anyway, this started as a simple “Congratulations to everyone at SpaceX,” but then I kept going into how this could build up a space society.  I went off the rails a bit.  But if I can get my derailed train of thought going again, you should see a long post about my thoughts on how today’s event could lead to orbital tourism, which would lead to Zero-g Football stadiums in orbit, and how that might be necessary for us to be a spacefaring civilization.  As I said, I went a bit off the rails.

But for now, congratulations to everyone at SpaceX.


No comments:

Post a Comment