Thursday, April 14, 2016

My predications for Season Four Orphan Black



Orphan Black’s fourth seasons starts tonight, so I figured I should share my ideas for it.  From some spoilery things I’ve read, and from the first four minutes which were released last week, there appears to be some flashbacks to the weeks or months leading up to the first episode.  I wonder if there will be a storyline of the new character MK that parallels some of the events from the first three seasons.  Maybe even a Back to the Future Part II scene where MK watches the events from one of the earlier seasons.  Maybe Beth’s death?  Hard to say.

After the end of last season, I was a tad worried that they might be jumping the cloned shark with the whole neolution worm thing.  But from everything I’ve seen and read in the Orphan Black: Helsinki comics – which shows the events around the Helsinki situation mentioned in Season Three and concerns the backstory of the character MK – I’m not really worried now.  What will most likely happen is that there will be something really weird in the first episode which makes me question the direction they’re going, but after a few episodes it will seem normal.  That’s what happened for me with the beginnings of the second and third season.  I wasn’t expecting certain things to happen and it threw me, but I eventually grew to love those things.  If that makes any sense.

Unfortunately, I have to work tonight, so I won’t be able to watch the show live.  But I should get my recap and thoughts about it up, maybe late on Friday.  We’ll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment