Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Orphan Black Season 2 Overview




After watching this season the first time, I wondered if they were setting Rachel up to be a more sympathetic character.  Much as how Helena was the villain for the first season, but then came around to being with her sestras.  Would Rachel be similarly redeemed in the Third Season?  Having seen the Third Season, I’ll say Rachel’s story is far from finished.  It’s easy to say she’s a hopeless case, but you could have said the same about Helena.  What will the Fourth Season show?  We’ll have to see.

Some of the questions I had at the end of the season, such as how Marion ended up with Rudy, if Mark knew he was a clone, stuff like that, were answered in the Third Season.  Of course, these answers just opened up giant new questions.  That’s the mark of a good show. 

I’m not sure what else to say.  I really want to get into the Third Season, not just because it’s good, but also rewatching the episodes and writing up these posts are taking up a lot of time.  I probably should have started earlier.  But hopefully, my already written reviews for the Third Season should be more like the reviews I’ve been writing, so there shouldn’t be as much revision.  One can hope, at least.

Here are the links to my reviews for each episode of Season Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment